Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gossip Guys

A friend of mine recently broke up with her boyfriend. It was coming for a while. All her friends new it, all his friends knew it. And yet when it finally happened people scrambled for the "why". People who had no business caring why they broke up. If it was their business they would know. I know, cause it's my friend, i.e. My business. However it isn't their business so no one told them. In the lack of credible information these guys (I work and hang with mostly men)constructed what they thought were plausible explanations.

My friend we'll call her Ann has, according to all summed rumors, been sleeping with the boss & sleeping with me(lots of confusion there). Her ex we'll call him Jeff has, according to all rumors, been sleeping around as well as being an alcoholic. I speak freely with both Ann and Jeff. None of these things are true and neither of them have said anything that would give them the impression that they were true.


So my questions begin.

If women are such gossips then why is the most male intensive environment I've ever been in also the most gossip intensive environment?

3 comments:

  1. Because everyone wants to believe the worst in all people. It's strange, but when you get a large group of humans in a tight capacity, whether it be a work environment or a party, people need the drama to sustain themselves--so they know that they aren't the only ones unhappy.

    It's why I don't listen to rumors anymore...

    Kisses:) Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't listen to the rumors, but they do. It's sad really, but I think it's boredom more than anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's true! I love you miss mialie!

    ReplyDelete